Joined: Aug 06, 2012 Posts: 1970 Location: Spokane, Wa Flag: Risk Tolerence: Medium
Reputation point: 585
For any members here who work at VA - especially on the disability claims side of things - maybe you can help me understand this. Here's the timeline:
- July 2018: Retired from the WA ANG.
- Late Feb 2019: I went to a local VA assistance rep in late Feb '19, and got a checklist of documents that were needed. Private medical records, letters from the doctor, etc. On this date I submitted an intent to file.
- Dec 2019: Checklist completed, all documents turned in to VA. Shortly thereafter, VA account online states that the estimated time for the completion of my case is 2 Jul 20. I sit back to wait to get called for medical appointments. I have a lot of things that I'm claiming, so I know that this might take a while. I can be patient.
- Mar 2020: COVID 19 kicks up. I haven't gotten any calls about my VA appointments yet, so I call the VA hotline to inquire about if there's anything more that I can do to help move the process along before the world loses its collective mind. I'm told that they have everything except medical records from the ANG.
- 18 Jun 20: VA account online says that they finally have all my records from ANG. Good; now that they have all my records, I'm expecting to start getting calls for medical appointments within a few weeks.
- 10 Jul 20: I check my VA account online; the estimated completion date has been changed to Mar 2021.
- This morning: I check my VA account online; the estimated completion date has been changed to Sep 2021.
This is frustrating as hell. I know that I have a lot of claimed issues to go through, so I was expecting a long wait, and COVID was bound to slow things down a little. That the ANG was dragging its ass on getting the records to the VA didn't help matters either. But over a year before my case is settled? C'mon, that's just silly. I'm willing to let the process work, but is a full year really necessary once all records are received?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
TSP Center is not a Registered Investment Advisor TTSP Center is dedicated to providing information on the Thrift Savings Plan. It is designed to be a location where Thrift Savings Plan participants can meet to discuss the TSP and strategies for maximizing TSP returns. All information on this site is provided for informational purposes only and without guarantee. In other words, TSP Center assumes no liability for its use. TSP Center is not affiliated with the United States Government, the Thrift Savings Plan or www.tsp.gov. FantasyTSP™ is a registered trademark of Hostspring Technologies, LLC.