Immigration
Income Equality
Jobs
National Defense
Role of Government
Standard of Living
Taxes

Reese99

Re: What is your top issue this election?

Post by Reese99 »

If you'd add energy policy, I'd cast a vote. Otherwise, I'm going to go with 'vote them all out'.

flight23

Post by flight23 »

Fixing income inequality will in my opinion help solve 4 other problems on that list, Education, Taxes, Standard of Living, and jobs.
@GlobalCollapse on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/GlobalCollapse

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

I tried to add the energy policy as an edit, but it is telling me I am trying to add too many options....

Sorry.

That is a good one too because I just heard they are calling for $4 gas this summer. We will start hearing more about that.

GFCSorI

Post by GFCSorI »

If you solve unemployment, everything else will come easier.

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

I looked for defeating Obama but didn't see it so I had to go with "Role of government".

We would do so much better in so many areas if the government would just stay out of it and let the free market enterprise do what it does. Competition, winners and losers, supply and demand, etc.!

fishbone

Post by fishbone »

A corporation is not a person... if anyone was campaigning to eliminate corporate political contributions then that would be my number one priority. That would help begin to fix a lot of these issues, and help us get back to being a democracy.

sludg

Post by sludg »

I think jobs will help a lot of those on the list. I don't think Obama has done that bad of a job. His major downfall was taking over a screwed nation after the Bush administration had eight years to drive us into the gutter. I don't agree with his bailouts but they became common practice after Bush and with all the major corporations begging for them and congress so willing to vote for them he just kinda rolled with it.

As for imigration I say put a halt on it for a while. We have enough unemployed people in this country already and we don't need any more. I'm not against imigration at all but we need to get our country back in order before we add to its numbers. The border states need to stop hiring aliens for lower wages and hire americans for decent wages. And no free health care for illegal aliens!!! That was my biggest problem with Obama is passing that crap shoot of a bill. If they go to a hospital I'm not paying for it... they should be charged top rates that will take them YEARS to pay off so they know what it really is like to be an american with bills.

Last one to touch on is income equality. This option should be deleted and here is why. Income should be based on the position you hold, the education you have/job experience, the type of work it is and how long you have been with your company. Ofcourse the top positions in the company are going to make the most. What people don't understand is that this has been the case forever. Now for the top 1% (god i hate ows) they did something that caused us the american people to make them where they are. For example the creater of facebook, now he didn't even expect facebook to do well and wasn't even fully investing his time into it. When he saw it taking off he turned his attention to it but at the end of the day everyone who signed up for a facebook account have made him as rich as he is. The problem isn't the people providing the services its the consumers want for these services. And for the love of god social media is something most people can't live without. I deleted my facebook account last week and its a nice feeling to not care what people's status is.

/rant off gotta love a fresh brain filled with coffee on a monday morning
Rule No. 1: never lose money; rule No. 2: don't forget rule No. 1 ~ Warren Buffett

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

fishbone wrote:A corporation is not a person...

Fishbone, I get your point. However, you have to start somewhere.

Hopefully it would be like cutting off the head of a snake and the rest of the body will wither and die. Whenever we get a new administration it is never just the leader that takes control of the steering wheel. Invariably way more damage is done by all of the little minions that get appointments and positions.

This administration has infested the government with so many Czars and whack jobs that we may never be able to root them all out but getting rid of him should start the process.

Look at it this way. If he goes, the racist Attorney General Holder goes. That is a good enough reason for me!

frankwhite

Post by frankwhite »

Didn't see 'Home Refinance For Underwater Owners' in there either...

Wife and I are CIV employees... no kids... bought a comfortable condo in 2007 at 7%... Now underwater $40K... Never missed a payment... Never late... Billions pumped into saving those that can't pay... Rates are at all time lows and can't refinance...

How's that work?

PS - rockin the new avatar now huh Jahby?? nice...
-My fantasy account mirrors my real TSP account-

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

Ouch Frank! That has gotta hurt. Do you think Obama will get his proposal through on this issue?

And yea! I'm gonna start rotating the avatars through!

wm577

Post by wm577 »

How can the us debt not be on the list?

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

wm577,

Now I feel like an idiot............

But many of our leaders have said that debts don't matter? :oops:

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

How about airport pat downs?

Sptms2086

Post by Sptms2086 »

How about 32 years of conservative economic fundamentalism which has made this country and most of its people poorer, and hollowed out its economy by driving manufacturing (and a lot of good middle class jobs) overseas?

Fund Prices2024-04-24

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.20 0.01% 1.34%
F $18.64 -0.24% -3.04%
C $79.40 0.02% 6.78%
S $78.08 -0.18% 1.28%
I $41.48 -0.10% 3.23%
L2065 $15.84 -0.05% 4.74%
L2060 $15.84 -0.05% 4.75%
L2055 $15.84 -0.05% 4.75%
L2050 $31.79 -0.06% 3.86%
L2045 $14.51 -0.05% 3.68%
L2040 $53.01 -0.05% 3.54%
L2035 $14.01 -0.04% 3.36%
L2030 $46.69 -0.04% 3.21%
L2025 $13.01 -0.02% 2.33%
Linc $25.40 -0.02% 2.00%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".