Political Humor (Anything Goes Forum)

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

Tomanyiron

Re: Political Humor (Anything Goes Forum)

Post by Tomanyiron »

I guess the message I get from the video, (and I think everyone should), is could you ever trust the opinions of these people again? Or polls. They are what people say when they want to look “cool”, and in the “in-crowd”.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:I guess the message I get from the video, (and I think everyone should), is could you ever trust the opinions of these people again? Or polls. They are what people say when they want to look “cool”, and in the “in-crowd”.
Well, I viewed the videos (the beginnings of them) in light of your original perspective:
Humor in the videos:

I now respond, in light of your new perspective:
Messages in the videos:

Everyone has an opinion. Sometimes our opinion is correct, sometimes not. I don't make generalizations like: all opinions of R's are wrong. However, if the same person, regardless of affiliation, has been proven to have an incorrect opinion, most of the time, for a significant number of samples, then I may make a generalization about that person.

(Technically, the same logic can apply to a group, or an organization; but only after a fair and impartial analysis of the groups' opinions, over a significant time period, and significant number of samples.)

The same can be said of polls. Look at the overall record on polls in general, or of a specific poll. We should not take what is likely an anomaly, and apply it generally/widely.

Technical analysis might lead to an incorrect forecast for a day; or may lead to a losing year; but that is not necessarily evidence sufficient enough to proclaim: T/A sucks!

I'm not equating what's happening now in the country with you in any way; but part of the problem we are seeing in the streets is a result of over-generalizing people, a.k.a. stereotyping, a.k.a. profiling.

Over-generalization:
It doesn't work with data; and it doesn't work with people. But for some reason, humans love doing it anyway.
"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

userque wrote:... Look at the overall record on polls in general, or of a specific poll. We should not take what is likely an anomaly, and apply it generally/widely...
National polls are starting to look more like investor sentiment surveys. The readings are becoming a fairly reliable contrarian indicator. Because the people taking and the people willing to participate are mostly progressive. The independent minded people (who normally vote Republican) don't give a shit about opinions, or how they will "look". Or want to participate in a feel good exercise.

Now don't get mad, I'm talking the majority of, and in general.

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:
userque wrote:... Look at the overall record on polls in general, or of a specific poll. We should not take what is likely an anomaly, and apply it generally/widely...
National polls are starting to look more like investor sentiment surveys. The readings are becoming a fairly reliable contrarian indicator. Because the people taking and the people willing to participate are mostly progressive. The independent minded people (who normally vote Republican) don't give a shit about opinions, or how they will "look". Or want to participate in a feel good exercise.

Now don't get mad, I'm talking the majority of, and in general.
No offense taken. Like I said, everyone's got a right to an opinion.

I don't use polls for anything. I only hear about them in passing, like today, where you mentioned them; or while I'm watching/reading the news.

So, absent you citing a source backing what you're concluding, I can neither agree nor disagree right now.

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

userque wrote:You gotta watch it to the end.

https://twitter.com/heckyessica/status/ ... 8830312448
Bloobs, did you give userque permission to video you while you were drunk? :lol:
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:

Bloobs, did you give userque permission to video you while you were drunk? :lol:
seriously, you gonna ask a drunk if he knows who's doing what around him when he's under the influence?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:

:lol: :lol: Just say the word Bloobs, and I'll delete the post.

userque

Post by userque »

bloobs wrote:
Tomanyiron wrote:

seriously, you gonna ask a drunk if he knows who's doing what around him when he's under the influence?
lol ... Honestly, I would've done the same.

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

userque wrote:
Tomanyiron wrote:

:lol: :lol: Just say the word Bloobs, and I'll delete the post.
nah....

in that interview i do admire my, er ahem i mean, that drunk handsome man's honest ramblings, especially his last comment. trust and transparency are such rare virtues nowadays.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

I don't find this funny but I believe this may be the key to Userque's problem. Maybe he is just sexually frustrated and needs get laid. Not sure he can shut up long enough to succeed in such an endeavor.

userque

Post by userque »

evilanne wrote:

I don't find this funny but I believe this may be the key to Userque's problem. Maybe he is just sexually frustrated and needs get laid. Not sure he can shut up long enough to succeed in such an endeavor.
I've reported your post.

Fund Prices2024-04-18

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.27%
F $18.62 -0.30% -3.14%
C $78.45 -0.21% 5.50%
S $76.12 -0.20% -1.27%
I $40.67 0.02% 1.21%
L2065 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2060 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2055 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2050 $31.35 -0.13% 2.44%
L2045 $14.32 -0.12% 2.35%
L2040 $52.37 -0.11% 2.29%
L2035 $13.85 -0.10% 2.21%
L2030 $46.21 -0.09% 2.15%
L2025 $12.93 -0.05% 1.72%
Linc $25.28 -0.04% 1.51%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".