Political Humor (Anything Goes Forum)

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

userque

Political Humor (Anything Goes Forum)

Post by userque »

"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

bloobs

Re: Political Humor (Anything Goes Forum)

Post by bloobs »

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

jbchil1

Post by jbchil1 »

Can you save this for Facebook? I personally would love to be able to go to some website online and be able to avoid someone's political thoughts.

userque

Post by userque »

jbchil1 wrote:Can you save this for Facebook? I personally would love to be able to go to some website online and be able to avoid someone's political thoughts.
I don't do Facebook.

Have you tried avoiding threads you don't want to read?

McWinning

Post by McWinning »

userque wrote:
jbchil1 wrote:Can you save this for Facebook? I personally would love to be able to go to some website online and be able to avoid someone's political thoughts.
I don't do Facebook.

Have you tried avoiding threads you don't want to read?

Agreed; this thread is tagged perfectly. Not as perfect as the phone call, but still good.

Mrexter

Post by Mrexter »

I second this. If you don't have a Facebook account ( they are free), then get one and post all you want. Your post has NOTHING to do with the TSP or investing and has no place on this forum.

BTW: I originally thought you were referring to Obama, because "He misspoke, not what he meant, ..." statements are how the media would classify Obama's stupid statements. I'm still waiting for my insurance premiums to drop like Obama promised, and for my co pays to reduce (which they have not and have increased)...not a smidgen of evidence..... I could go on and on......and could even drag Biden's incoherent blabberings into this discussion, which is why your original post has no place on this forum. What a waste of time.....

userque

Post by userque »

Mrexter wrote:..Your post has NOTHING to do with the TSP or investing and has no place on this forum. ...
You mad, bro?

This is the Anything Goes forum...unless you own this site and made some changes we don't know about.?

BTW, you do realize you included a political response after you complained about political posts?

McWinning

Post by McWinning »

That is so weird; I said the same thing to my Facebook friends. I was like please save the political messaging for a more appropriate forum. Let's keep Facebook a place for friends and family and cat pictures.

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

Mrexter wrote:
I second this. If you don't have a Facebook account ( they are free), then get one and post all you want. Your post has NOTHING to do with the TSP or investing and has no place on this forum.

BTW: I originally thought you were referring to Obama, because "He misspoke, not what he meant, ..." statements are how the media would classify Obama's stupid statements. I'm still waiting for my insurance premiums to drop like Obama promised, and for my co pays to reduce (which they have not and have increased)...not a smidgen of evidence..... I could go on and on......and could even drag Biden's incoherent blabberings into this discussion, which is why your original post has no place on this forum. What a waste of time.....
Live in the present. My God. You cult members are all the same.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Haven't you guys ever had a liberal over for dinner? They constantly complain and are generally pretty angry. They just cannot seem to help themselves so why expect otherwise in a forum about investing and retirement?

userque

Post by userque »

PhilJohn wrote:Haven't you guys ever had a liberal over for dinner? They constantly complain and are generally pretty angry. They just cannot seem to help themselves so why expect otherwise in a forum about investing and retirement?
Sure 'bout that? Most of the angry posts here so far don't seem to come from liberals ... check it out.

(Not referring to you) It just baffles me how someone can say that don't want to see political posts, but clicked on a thread titled, "Political Humor."

And when did the whole grown folks getting really mad at political posts on the internet start? Groupthink?

Certainly we must be living in the last days.

Maybe this book will help some:

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
https://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Art-Not-G ... merReviews

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

userque wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:Haven't you guys ever had a liberal over for dinner? They constantly complain and are generally pretty angry. They just cannot seem to help themselves so why expect otherwise in a forum about investing and retirement?
Sure 'bout that? Most of the angry posts here so far don't seem to come from liberals ... check it out.

(Not referring to you) It just baffles me how someone can say that don't want to see political posts, but clicked on a thread titled, "Political Humor."

And when did the whole grown folks getting really mad at political posts on the internet start? Groupthink?

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
Its an investment forum. Get a Facebook page or a better phycologist. Anyway, I'm done here.

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

PhilJohn wrote:
userque wrote:

Its an investment forum. Get a Facebook page or a better phycologist. Anyway, I'm done here.
'psychologist' not phycologist. Par for the trump supporter course I guess.

rockhard

Post by rockhard »

I think this sums it up -
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hspw7Y1Gc5s) -
-
rh

userque

Post by userque »

PhilJohn wrote:Its an investment forum. Get a Facebook page or a better phycologist. Anyway, I'm done here.
Definitely angry. Please check out that book I linked to previously.

And this is the Anything Goes forum.

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".