COVID-19

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

userque

Re: COVID-19

Post by userque »

stilljammi wrote:I do like the BBC global news, it's got a good breadth. I follow a lot of papers, some paid, but I never get my news from TV. That ship sailed a long time ago. I think folks need to learn how to learn. Just like you shouldn't get all of your news from one source, one video should never change your opinion on a subject. One doctor can make a video, just like one journalist can write an article, that doesn't make it true. What does the scientific community have to say? Did the article use any primary sources? Who stands to profit if this is true?
Exactly ... research.

(DW News is good too)
"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

userque wrote:
stilljammi wrote:I do like the BBC global news, it's got a good breadth. I follow a lot of papers, some paid, but I never get my news from TV. That ship sailed a long time ago. I think folks need to learn how to learn. Just like you shouldn't get all of your news from one source, one video should never change your opinion on a subject. One doctor can make a video, just like one journalist can write an article, that doesn't make it true. What does the scientific community have to say? Did the article use any primary sources? Who stands to profit if this is true?
Exactly ... research.

(DW News is good too)

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

The bottom line is that US run media is bought by both the extremists on the left and right. All of the big networks.

As several have stated, overseas media outlets such as BBC news are truer to their journalistic roots. Surprisingly even Al Jazeera the Qatari outlet is consistently unbiased. Not sure if thats because they have high standards or that its all relative to their sold out US counterparts. Of course they are exceptions to the foreign media rule. RT is essentially Putins slick propaganda arm is should never be trusted for anything.

Remember when watching the "news" .... BE INFORMED.....NOT INFLUENCED.

i stole that line from one them lol
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

rockhard

Post by rockhard »

from the
AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
https://www.sciencemag.org/
-
"Fact-checking Judy Mikovits,
the controversial virologist attacking Anthony Fauci in a viral conspiracy video"
by
Martin Enserink, Jon Cohen May. 8, 2020 , 6:20 PM
-
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05 ... auci-viral

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

rockhard wrote:from the
AAAS (American Association for the Advancement of Science)
https://www.sciencemag.org/
-
"Fact-checking Judy Mikovits,
the controversial virologist attacking Anthony Fauci in a viral conspiracy video"
by
Martin Enserink, Jon Cohen May. 8, 2020 , 6:20 PM
-
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05 ... auci-viral
Interesting. I guess most of us mortals forget that even scientists are not infallible and can fall prey to corruption or self-interests. Seems like everyone's got an angle or agenda. Rely on the process not the man selling it.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

Fund Prices2024-04-16

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.24%
F $18.58 -0.32% -3.33%
C $79.08 -0.21% 6.34%
S $76.95 -0.41% -0.18%
I $40.73 -0.98% 1.37%
L2065 $15.67 -0.50% 3.66%
L2060 $15.67 -0.50% 3.67%
L2055 $15.68 -0.50% 3.67%
L2050 $31.50 -0.44% 2.93%
L2045 $14.38 -0.41% 2.81%
L2040 $52.59 -0.38% 2.72%
L2035 $13.91 -0.35% 2.60%
L2030 $46.37 -0.32% 2.50%
L2025 $12.95 -0.18% 1.90%
Linc $25.31 -0.14% 1.64%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".