Political News w/o Added Commentary

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

userque

Re: Political News

Post by userque »

Trump orders agencies to cut regulations that 'inhibit economic recovery'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... t-economic

"...“Step one: Remove the Inspectors General who keep an eye on wrongdoing at our federal agencies. Step two: Tell the agencies that it’s open season on measures that keep workers, consumers, and the environment safe,” Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) tweeted. ..."

Last edited by userque on Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

userque wrote:Trump orders agencies to cut regulations that 'inhibit economic recovery'
So you saying an economy recovering is a bad thing? It looks like to me the Democrats don't want the economy to bounce back, or people to go back to work. They think if enough hurdles and stumbling blocks can be placed in front of a recovery, to delay it until the election, they will have a better chance of winning. Impeachment didn't work, so let's try some other things. It's has become a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" thing.

"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

userque

Post by userque »

userque wrote:Trump orders agencies to cut regulations that 'inhibit economic recovery'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... t-economic

"...“Step one: Remove the Inspectors General who keep an eye on wrongdoing at our federal agencies. Step two: Tell the agencies that it’s open season on measures that keep workers, consumers, and the environment safe,” Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) tweeted. ..."
Tomanyiron wrote:So you saying an economy recovering is a bad thing?
Where did I say that?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

userque wrote:Where did I say that?
I'm sorry, you did not. But when you deleted everything positive in the story, but left that quote in by Rep. Coleman, what's anyone to think?
userque wrote: "...“Step one: Remove the Inspectors General who keep an eye on wrongdoing at our federal agencies. Step two: Tell the agencies that it’s open season on measures that keep workers, consumers, and the environment safe,” (D-N.J.) tweeted. ..."

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:I'm sorry, you did not. But when you deleted everything positive in the story, but left that quote in by Rep. Coleman, what's anyone to think?
My point was to illustrate the potential danger of such a policy. That's what anyone is to think. If you have a different point, you should make it.

I did not delete anything. I posted a link to the complete article. I quoted material relevant to my point. You can quote material relevant to your point, if you want.

Please don't expect me to argue my and your and everyone else's point when I post.

Neither Coleman, nor myself; neither said nor implied anything near "an economy recovering is a bad thing."

This is a perfect example of an underlying problem with respect to division in this country.

“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.”
― Criss Jami

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

userque, my friend, (I hope I can call you a friend?) everything you post is so negative.
You sound like all the other Never Trumpers. Everything he does must be bad, no one should vote for him.

I know he is a nut sometimes, but you got a choice, this nut, or another nut.
Let's thy to talk positive a minute, and I have asked you this before. Who do you want to be in that office? Someone electable that is.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:userque, my friend, (I hope I can call you a friend?)
Certainly you can. I assume that the vice versa is true.

So, we've moved on from the current topic into something new? I assume this is the equivalent of you saying, in effect, if not in these exact words, "userque, you're right, but what about ..."

I'll bite.
Tomanyiron wrote:everything you post is so negative.
I disagree. Please show where everything I've posted is negative. Please also define your definition of negative.
Tomanyiron wrote:You sound like all the other Never Trumpers. Everything he does must be bad, no one should vote for him.
I don't know what exactly Never-Trumpers sound like; or exactly who they are. I know that phrase is used in jokes and memes, but I can't really conduct a serious discussion without knowing exactly what you're talking about here.

That said, I can speak on specific events with respect to whether or not I think they are bad. I've previously stated here that I know of no one that is 100% good or 100% bad. Feel free to ask me whether a Trump incident/event is good or bad, imo. But, you have to first agree to also answer the same type of question coming from me.

People should vote for whomever they want.
Tomanyiron wrote:I know he is a nut sometimes, but you got a choice, this nut, or another nut.
We agree.
Tomanyiron wrote:Let's thy to talk positive a minute, and I have asked you this before. Who do you want to be in that office? Someone electable that is.
I haven't decided.
"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

userque

Post by userque »

'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... d-protests

"Officials and state media appear to revel in scenes of US unrest, comparing protests there to Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement ..."

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

userque wrote:'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests

"Officials and state media appear to revel in scenes of US unrest, comparing protests there to Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement ..."
This guy is probably the one who incites chaos at protests. He doesn’t want to retire wealthy. He doesn’t support his/her President. He just wants the President out.

Newsflash, you scalawag, the rioters and looters are disrupting law and order. China is taking advantage of this because it wants to leverage less tariffs. For the first time in decades we have a President trying to take on China and you cheer for the other team. You Are un-American defeatist.
-What we do in Life, echoes in Retirement-

userque

Post by userque »

userque wrote:'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests

Billionair wrote:This guy is probably the one who incites chaos at protests. He doesn’t want to retire wealthy. He doesn’t support his/her President. He just wants the President out.

Newsflash, you scalawag, the rioters and looters are disrupting law and order. China is taking advantage of this because it wants to leverage less tariffs. For the first time in decades we have a President trying to take on China and you cheer for the other team. You Are un-American defeatist.
Where did I say they weren't disrupting law and order?
Where did I say China wasn't taking advantage of this?
Where did I cheer for the other team?
Where does it say that you decide who is, and isn't American?
Where did I call you a name?

I've reported your post.

Why did you come to this forum if it gets you so triggered?

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

Report all you want. I am not going to sit idly by and watch you trash other members with your spiteful rhetoric and bash on the President and policies.

Names, of course: Benedict Arnold; Benedict Que.

userque

Post by userque »

Billionair wrote:Report all you want. I am not going to sit idly by and watch you trash other members with your spiteful rhetoric and bash on the President and policies.

Names, of course: Benedict Arnold; Benedict Que.
Where did I trash another member with spiteful rhetoric?
Where did I violate the rules, as you are doing?
Why do you come here if it's not for you? Simply to attack?
It's a internet chat forum, everyone is capable of defending themselves,
and, we have moderators present.
Please check out the thread I just started on the American value of free speech.

I wish you'd simply just initiated a discussion about your concerns with me.

I hope you get better

I've reported your post again.

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

Report all you want, Benedict Que.

Some of us in this forum are absolutely tired your bullshit. Today was the day I decided to tell you off.

userque

Post by userque »

Billionair wrote:Report all you want, Benedict Que.

Some of us in this forum are absolutely tired your bullshit. Today was the day I decided to tell you off.
Why couldn't you just engage in intelligent discussion?

Why do you read what you are tired of reading?

You've been reported a fourth time.

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

This is discussion, Benedict. You still won’t deny you want to see the US not to fail. Which only pushes me to prod more.

Just tell me you want to see the USA and President Trump fail, and I will chill out.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".