PSA: Fascinating Data

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

bloobs

PSA: Fascinating Data

Post by bloobs »

https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit- ... al-results

This post is intended to share objective information. But feel free to discuss below, but try not to argue nonsensically amongst others.

I would suggest that all responders to this post be mindful of our dear friend userque's pyramid graphic from a few days ago. You know what I'm talking about, the one that categorizes post responses according to defined credibility standards.

Have fun!!!!
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

userque

Re: PSA: Fascinating Data

Post by userque »

bloobs wrote:https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit- ... al-results

This post is intended to share objective information. But feel free to discuss below, but try not to argue nonsensically amongst others.

I would suggest that all responders to this post be mindful of our dear friend userque's pyramid graphic from a few days ago. You know what I'm talking about, the one that categorizes post responses according to defined credibility standards.

Have fun!!!!
Thanks bloobs for your posts in that thread too, but stilljammi found and posted that great graphic. (Still owe you both rep points.)
"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

userque wrote:
bloobs wrote:https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit- ... al-results

Have fun!!!!
... stilljammi found and posted that great graphic...
Noted! Sorry for the mis-attribution Jams

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Did anyone catch this part "supplemented by telephone interviews to account for absentee or early voters in many states."
If you are a Conservative, or even Independent and nonpartisan, and you answer the phone, someone says "Hi, I'm from CNN, can I ask you who you voted for?" A metallic click and then the dial tone bbrrrrrrrr. :lol: So they don't get counted, and that biases the results. Where as a Liberal answers the phone and "Sure I will tell you, I hate that SOB".
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:Did anyone catch this part "supplemented by telephone interviews to account for absentee or early voters in many states."
If you are a Conservative, or even Independent and nonpartisan, and you answer the phone, someone says "Hi, I'm from CNN, can I ask you who you voted for?" A metallic click and then the dial tone bbrrrrrrrr. :lol: So they don't get counted, and that biases the results. Where as a Liberal answers the phone and "Sure I will tell you, I hate that SOB".
T
That is an only assumption or assertion.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bloobs wrote:That is an only assumption or assertion.

Yes and I guess my anecdotal belief. Oh make sure you watch the video at bottom Bloobs.

https://youtu.be/e_oSCidhBpQ?start=59&end=91

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

Is there anything Trump could do or say that will make his supports leave him? Serious question. They are turning on General Mattis now. After he spoke the truth and compared Trump's division tactics directly to the Nazis. There is tons of video of Trump praising Mattis at rallies and with reason. Mattis is highly regarded in the military. However, when he speaks the truth they turn on him. Again, anything Trump could say or do that would make a supporter of his leave him?

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:
bloobs wrote:That is an only assumption or assertion.

Yes and I guess my anecdotal belief. Oh make sure you watch the video at bottom Bloobs.

https://youtu.be/e_oSCidhBpQ?start=59&end=91

Anecdotal evidence is defined as "evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them. "

As such, then who told you the story that when pollsters '...answer the phone, someone says "Hi, I'm from CNN, can I ask you who you voted for?" A metallic click and then the dial tone bbrrrrrrrr. :lol: So they don't get counted, and that biases the results. Where as a Liberal answers the phone and "Sure I will tell you, I hate that SOB".'

Did this really happen? If the above event was simply a story you made up in your mind (as a result of personal bias)--then that does not make for "anecdotal evidence"--only conjecture.

Just keepin' it real. Now let's get back to makin' money. What's your call for tomorrow's end of week action?
― Mahatma Gandhi

― Paul Murray

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

tspwizard1 wrote:..Again, anything Trump could say or do that would make a supporter of his leave him?
Would they vote for someone else? Answer is A Great Big Yes, Get a better candidate, not one that talks almost as nutty, and doesn't have one foot in an assisted living facility.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Bloobs you didn't watch the video, did you?

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:Bloobs you didn't watch the video, did you?
Nope, i just read completely off your comic strip image. Excuse me, I've had 5 1-hour long meetings today and still have another 3 more hours of meetings ahead of me today.

But what I really care about right now is are you willing to jump back into equities in the coming day(s) lol

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

Tomanyiron wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:..Again, anything Trump could say or do that would make a supporter of his leave him?
Would they vote for someone else? Answer is A Great Big Yes, Get a better candidate, not one that talks almost as nutty, and doesn't have one foot in an assisted living facility.
You didn't answer the whole question. Don't deflect to Biden. Again, anything Trump could say or do that would make a supporter of his leave him?

And as far as nutty talk come on man. Seriously? You don't have a strong argument in that department.

Can you close your eyes and imagine the GOP's response if this was Obama's covid-19 response leading to >107,000 death and counting, pulling out of the WHO at the beginning of a pandemic, printing 2.3 trillion and giving 88% of it to corporations with no hard guidelines, >43 million unemployed (which is a record), using tear gas and violence to rush on peaceful protesters to get a photo op (there was tear gas, it is on video, despite a lying WH press secretary's account). And that is just the last 3 months!! Didn't mention the constant attack on the environment, breaking up thousands families at the border and using their separation pain as a evil political tool, etc. The list goes on and on.

The GOP just brushes this all under the rug though. So again, anything Trump could say or do that would make a supporter of his leave him?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

As for your "The list goes on and on." well *cough cough* the list is assertions (as Bloobs told me on my list). There could, and have been counter arguments on almost all.
You have been so pessimistic over everything, I would say a sore loser talking. And perhaps unable to see anything positive thru your perma-agitated sunglasses.

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

Tomanyiron wrote:As for your "The list goes on and on." well *cough cough* the list is assertions (as Bloobs told me on my list). There could, and have been counter arguments on almost all.
You have been so pessimistic over everything, I would say a sore loser talking. And perhaps unable to see anything positive thru your perma-agitated sunglasses.
Still haven't answered the question directly. Anything Trump could do or say that would make you not support him? Can you even answer that simple question?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

tspwizard1 wrote:Still haven't answered the question directly. Anything Trump could do or say that would make you not support him? Can you even answer that simple question?
When you hate a guy enough, if he says “good morning,” you can read it as shocking lack of empathy for those poor souls who are not having a good morning.

Well I never supported him until he go elected. :shock: :shock: busted your bubble on that one?
But now I support him because for some of the same reasons Russians support Putin, he’s got our backs. Americans backs, yours too even while you hate him.

He’s an optimist. He talks about American greatness at every opportunity. He’s determined to restart our shuttered economy. He did more to help the jobless, than any Democratic president. He stands by those who have saved their money so they can live the American dream. Despite relentless opposition, he gets things done. He helped make a massive run-up of the stock market happen, and promises to do it again. He put solid justices on the Supreme Court.

Even liberals have to admit that previous administrations got carried away with their progressiveness.

And despite all the people who hate everything about him, he still seems to like the job. Just about every day he makes me laugh, saying something I wish he hadn’t. Something no other president would have said.

He in a nut, but he is our nut, and I will support him until a better nut comes alone.

Fund Prices2024-04-24

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.20 0.01% 1.34%
F $18.64 -0.24% -3.04%
C $79.40 0.02% 6.78%
S $78.08 -0.18% 1.28%
I $41.48 -0.10% 3.23%
L2065 $15.84 -0.05% 4.74%
L2060 $15.84 -0.05% 4.75%
L2055 $15.84 -0.05% 4.75%
L2050 $31.79 -0.06% 3.86%
L2045 $14.51 -0.05% 3.68%
L2040 $53.01 -0.05% 3.54%
L2035 $14.01 -0.04% 3.36%
L2030 $46.69 -0.04% 3.21%
L2025 $13.01 -0.02% 2.33%
Linc $25.40 -0.02% 2.00%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".