What's next Mount Rushmore?

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

Tomanyiron

Re: What's next Mount Rushmore?

Post by Tomanyiron »

userque wrote:My turn:

Some people are not happy until they can suppress the speech of others they disagree with.
No one suppressing you much, if a word count was done on these "Anything goes" threads I think you would beat most of us. Even Bloobs is having a hard time keeping up with you.

What makes you sound "mad" is the fact you always got something that you don't like. Never anything positive about a person, an event or the country. If you don't like that statue of Teddy, take up a collection to build a better one. Do a little less complaining, and start putting forth some positive ideas. All the negative stuff is getting old.
I don't think anyone here even knows of one thing you like about the country. All we know is what you think is wrong.

It's obvious you like to argue all the time. Are you in law school, are you practicing on us? :lol:
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Bosch

Post by Bosch »

Tomanyiron wrote:
userque wrote:My turn:

Some people are not happy until they can suppress the speech of others they disagree with.
No one suppressing you much, if a word count was done on these "Anything goes" threads I think you would beat most of us. Even Bloobs is having a hard time keeping up with you.

What makes you sound "mad" is the fact you always got something that you don't like. Never anything positive about a person, an event or the country. If you don't like that statue of Teddy, take up a collection to build a better one. Do a little less complaining, and start putting forth some positive ideas. All the negative stuff is getting old.
I don't think anyone here even knows of one thing you like about the country. All we know is what you think is wrong.

It's obvious you like to argue all the time. Are you in law school, are you practicing on us? :lol:
Very accurately and well-articulated.

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:No one suppressing you much, if a word count was done on these "Anything goes" threads I think you would beat most of us. Even Bloobs is having a hard time keeping up with you.
What's the post limit. I'll be sure to stay under it. Do my number of posts make you mad? You sound like it.
Tomanyiron wrote:What makes you sound "mad" is the fact you always got something that you don't like. Never anything positive about a person, an event or the country.
Things that are working, don't need debate. If you want to read me saying something positive about something, just ask me. Say something like, "Hey Q, I'm mad right now. It would really make me feel better if you say something positive, thanks." I'll consider the request.
Tomanyiron wrote:If you don't like that statue of Teddy, take up a collection to build a better one.
Please quote where I indicated that I don't like the statue. But for the sake of argument, someone that doesn't like something (in this country) has multiple options at their disposal to attempt to affect change. Not just the options Tomanyiron thinks they should deploy.
Tomanyiron wrote:Do a little less complaining, and start putting forth some positive ideas. All the negative stuff is getting old.
What is the proper amount of "complaining" that I can do? What exactly do you mean that "negative stuff" is getting old. Who decides what's negative and positive, isn't that a personal choice; or have you been designated the determiner? And at what point does it become old, and who decides that?

For the record, I don't consider asking questions, or stating a different point of view as complaining. Now if I were to say something like, "Tomanyiron, I think you are too negative"; then that would simply be complaining.

You see, Tomanyiron, this Anything Goes forum was created so that folks with thin skins can avoid all the posts that make them feel unsafe. As I said before, when my speech was trying to be suppress, don't click on Anything Goes threads, if they make you mad/upset/feel-unsafe.

Now, here we are again ... in the Anything Goes forum ... another guy wanting me to post like they post. Maybe you should use the feature that will allow you to not see my posts.?
Tomanyiron wrote:I don't think anyone here even knows of one thing you like about the country. All we know is what you think is wrong.
Give me the list that says what everyone should know about everyone else, and I'll comply.
Tomanyiron wrote:It's obvious you like to argue all the time. Are you in law school, are you practicing on us? :lol:
Doing something more than others doesn't necessarily imply pleasure. Someone can work more hours than a coworker, but that doesn't mean s/he likes their job.

Now that that's out of the way, consider this thread:

LUCK? SKILL? (Anything Goes forum)
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18132
userque wrote:I'd put my money on Aston's performance being more about skill than luck. Time will certainly tell.
Something positive about someone that I said, not that I, or anyone else, needs to adhere to your positivityness quota.

This was your response.
Tomanyiron wrote:I would say it's about 50/50. Why don't I give Aston more credit? Because I've seen this happen year after year. This is my prediction, his second half of 2020 will not be near as good. And next year people will be saying Aston who? I don't wish him bad luck, I hope him all the success in the world. And I would like to see him starts posting with input on his system, helping all members.
I hate to inform you, that according to me, this post is too negative. Please post something positive about Aston, it'd really make me feel safer.

Here's another of your negative posts ... according to me.

viewtopic.php?p=86361#p86361

You could have posted something positive about all the statues that aren't subject to being taken down, but you chose to go negative. Why?

Well, maybe that's my reasoning as well.

But, even though I may not agree with all you say, I will defend your right to say it. And since you aren't my child, nor my on-the-clock employee, I'm not going to tell you how you should post. You should post whatever you want and are allowed, imo.

Here's me making another positive post ... about our country (I even used bold type):

One of the greatest things about the U.S. of A., is the Freedom of Speech.

Now, do you feel safer?

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

Thread derailed, locked, and will be allowed to fade into obscurity.

Thanks for playing all.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".