What's next Mount Rushmore?

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

Tomanyiron

What's next Mount Rushmore?

Post by Tomanyiron »

Theodore Roosevelt statue will be removed from the front steps of the Museum of Natural History
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/22/us/new-y ... index.html
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Penry

Re: What's next Mount Rushmore?

Post by Penry »

Probably

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

C'mon T
You and I, as (largely) thinking and reasonable men, very well know Teddy on that mountain is gonna be just fine. Not sure of that slave owner off to his side, though.

Speaking of reasonable, what do you think of this most interesting theory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoe_theory
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Yes I think it's more about the person. Some people, whatever path they start, it will end up extreme. One little thing could have happened differently and the same person could have ended up on the opposite end of the shoe.

I have a "Spokes on a Wheel" theory. As time goes by, people are becoming more narrow-minded. I could't find anything on the net, so I made my own chart.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bloobs wrote:C'mon T
very well know Teddy on that mountain is gonna be just fine.
You must have missed this part?
"Theodore Roosevelt statue will be removed from the front steps of the Museum of Natural History"

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:Yes I think it's more about the person. Some people, whatever path they start, it will end up extreme. One little thing could have happened differently and the same person could have ended up on the opposite end of the shoe.

I have a "Spokes on a Wheel" theory. As time goes by, people are becoming more narrow-minded. I could't find anything on the net, so I made my own chart.
I like your spoke and hub analogy. I liken it more to this concept:
- We are all born at the hub of the wheel, which starts to spin.
- The velocity of the wheelspin is completely dependent on our respective personalities,
- A high-strung, stubborn (possible narcissistic) person's velocity will be faster, and the resulting centrifugal force will push that person further away from the hub where calm, collected, collaborative, and more reasonable people will congregate.

The bottom line: Don't be an extremist. Most extremists are essentially the same (regardless of their chosen "cause": whether political, religious/spiritual, economic, social, moral) at heart; in the sense that their goal is achieving absolute compliance for EVERYONE else to whatever their obsession happens to be--by any means possible. Most of these guys and gals are dicks.

Lesson: don't be a dick. Society will be better off for it.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:
"Theodore Roosevelt statue will be removed from the front steps of the Museum of Natural History"

That particular statue is being removed not because it has Teddy Bear on it, but because there is a native american and a slave in it in a submissive pose to Tedster. Accordingly, the statue's context (not its primary subject) is justifiably inappropriate. Maybe us white folks don't see it--but it is reasonable to assume other Americans won't share that impression.

flaps

Post by flaps »

bloobs wrote:
Tomanyiron wrote:

That particular statue is being removed not because it has Teddy Bear on it, but because there is a native american and a slave in it in a submissive pose to Tedster. Accordingly, the statue's context (not its primary subject) is justifiably inappropriate. Maybe us white folks don't see it--but it is reasonable to assume other Americans won't share that impression.
That's not a slave, slavery ended when Teddy Roosevelt was a kid. And with him being on horseback while the other two are standing, to me it just looks like it puts him in a leadership position, which makes sense because he was the leader of the Rough Riders cavalry and also president. It's not like the other two in the statue are kneeling to him or anything, they are standing with him.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bloobs wrote:That particular statue is being removed not because it has Teddy Bear on it, but because there is a native american and a slave in it in a submissive pose to Tedster. Accordingly, the statue's context (not its primary subject) is justifiably inappropriate. Maybe us white folks don't see it--but it is reasonable to assume other Americans won't share that impression.
OK, but you're going to have a little more difficulty 'splainin' this one. :?: :shock:

"Protesters in San Francisco on Friday toppled the statue of former President Grant, who led the Union Army during the Civil War, in Golden Gate Park.

San Francisco police said that approximately 400 people gathered around 8 p.m. to take down the statue, though no arrests were made, according to NBC Bay Area."
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... t-national

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

I can't really get upset over a statue I didn't even know existed until it was removed. It seems like America is once again losing focus and the conversation changes to something else.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bloobs wrote:I like your spoke and hub analogy. I liken it more to this concept:
- We are all born at the hub of the wheel, which starts to spin.
- The velocity of the wheelspin is completely dependent on our respective personalities,
- A high-strung, stubborn (possible narcissistic) person's velocity will be faster, and the resulting centrifugal force will push that person further away from the hub where calm, collected, collaborative, and more reasonable people will congregate.

The bottom line: Don't be an extremist. Most extremists are essentially the same (regardless of their chosen "cause": whether political, religious/spiritual, economic, social, moral) at heart; in the sense that their goal is achieving absolute compliance for EVERYONE else to whatever their obsession happens to be--by any means possible. Most of these guys and gals are dicks.

Lesson: don't be a dick. Society will be better off for it.
I like that. you have a gift. If you could get them to let you in Biden's basement, he needs you to write for his teleprompter.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Hoss2112

Post by Hoss2112 »

Tomanyiron wrote:
"Protesters in San Francisco on Friday toppled the statue of former President Grant, who led the Union Army during the Civil War, in Golden Gate Park.

San Francisco police said that approximately 400 people gathered around 8 p.m. to take down the statue, though no arrests were made, according to NBC Bay Area."
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... t-national
Why?
-Revisionist history
-Indoctrination by the public school system
-The media
-Soros and those like him will keep the machine moving

No arrests. No ramifications. These are not protests. They are riots on a small scale with the full support of the media.
'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.'
-Mark Twain

md2018

Post by md2018 »

I have read that the terrorist groups of the 60-70’ era (mainly Weather Underground, Black Panthers, etc) had the goal to overthrow the government of the US and impose a communist regime. When that effort failed most of the terroristS left the country or surrendered. However the FBI failed to prosecute them (due to illegal wire taping) and most were let off with a fine or suspended sentences. Many went above ground And continued the fight in the Universities. In order to achieve their goals they needed to:
Get rid of the police,
Get rid of American culture and history,
and get rid of God.
So far it looks like they have had a lot success with all 3.

McWinning

Post by McWinning »

md2018 wrote:I have read that the terrorist groups of the 60-70’ era (mainly Weather Underground, Black Panthers, etc) had the goal to overthrow the government of the US and impose a communist regime. When that effort failed most of the terroristS left the country or surrendered. However the FBI failed to prosecute them (due to illegal wire taping) and most were let off with a fine or suspended sentences. Many went above ground And continued the fight in the Universities. In order to achieve their goals they needed to:
Get rid of the police,
Get rid of American culture and history,
and get rid of God.
So far it looks like they have had a lot success with all 3.
Yeah, I've also read that Hilary Clinton is running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/alex-jo ... ories.html

There is no shortage of wild conspiracy theories coming out of the extreme right (and extreme left). Do you happen to have the source for this one?

Fund Prices2024-04-25

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.21 0.01% 1.35%
F $18.58 -0.32% -3.35%
C $79.04 -0.46% 6.29%
S $77.68 -0.51% 0.76%
I $41.27 -0.51% 2.70%
L2065 $15.76 -0.48% 4.24%
L2060 $15.76 -0.48% 4.25%
L2055 $15.76 -0.48% 4.25%
L2050 $31.65 -0.42% 3.42%
L2045 $14.45 -0.39% 3.28%
L2040 $52.82 -0.37% 3.16%
L2035 $13.96 -0.34% 3.01%
L2030 $46.54 -0.30% 2.89%
L2025 $12.98 -0.17% 2.16%
Linc $25.37 -0.13% 1.86%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".