George Kirby???

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

Aitrus

Re: George Kirby???

Post by Aitrus »

userque wrote: Good luck with that. Tomanyiron also doesn't seem to respond when 'cornered' with facts and evidence; same as others' I've shown that don't seem to respond.

Btw, why does Tomanyiron's name show up in bold type, like MJ's and Aitrus' in the latest posts section?
Tomany's name shows up bold because back when King still owned the site, Tomany was a dues-paying member, and so his name was highlighted bold to reflect that as a kind of small reward or token of elevated membership on the site. There are a few others scattered around as well, but he's the most active poster.

MJ and I are highlighted bold because we are Admin and Moderator. You may recall that Skiehawk11 is highlighted the same way. It was King's intention to have Admins and Mods quickly and easily identified by members - especially newbies, and this tradition continues under MJ's ownership.

As for members not answering your questions or being "cornered" as you seem to want to call it (I have serious doubts on this obviously subjective point, but won't go into it here), I seem to recall a fair number of my questions / data / facts / points not answered by you. As I recall, the wording was often something along the lines of "Your question has been noted and added to the list of questions I'll consider at a later time" or similar wording (Side note: Exactly why you haven't answered those questions or points I won't speculate on, but at this point I don't care if you do or don't. I made my argumentative points and it was up to you to answer or disprove them or not - and you chose not to.). Then, after such a statement was made, you would often launch into attacks on your opponent's character, utilizing a fair bit of sophistry in an effort to poison the well. Skilled sophistry to be sure, but still sophistry.

But to claim that others aren't answering your questions and to intimate that you've somehow "cornered" them when they don't answer...well, I guess I can only say that there's a lesson about people who live in glass houses and all that.

My conjecture to your quandary is that perhaps others have noticed this trend, and have opted not to engage with you as I have in the past.

Cheers! I'll let you guys get back to discussing George Kirby now...or are you done discussing him and want me to shut down the thread?
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

userque

Post by userque »

Aitrus wrote:Cheers! I'll let you guys get back to discussing George Kirby now...or are you done discussing him and want me to shut down the thread?
I'm not sure how you guys are handling things now, or going forward; but most forums I know don't shut down threads for being off-topic unless the creator of that thread requests it. It would be logical to assume that the thread creator is best to know whether their thread has been derailed, no?

And,

Some folks don't mind their threads going off topic.

This is not my thread, not my website, so I have no say in the matter.

But imo, in an 'anything goes' type of forum, moderators etc. shouldn't close threads based on their personal feelings/biases about the thread, when the creator is still active and didn't request closure.

At least that's how most forums do it, imo.
Last edited by userque on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

userque

Post by userque »

Aitrus wrote:Tomany's name shows up bold because back when King still owned the site, Tomany was a dues-paying member, and so his name was highlighted bold to reflect that as a kind of small reward or token of elevated membership on the site. There are a few others scattered around as well, but he's the most active poster.

MJ and I are highlighted bold because we are Admin and Moderator. You may recall that Skiehawk11 is highlighted the same way. It was King's intention to have Admins and Mods quickly and easily identified by members - especially newbies, and this tradition continues under MJ's ownership.
Thanks.
Aitrus wrote:As for members not answering your questions or being "cornered" as you seem to want to call it (I have serious doubts on this obviously subjective point, but won't go into it here), I seem to recall a fair number of my questions / data / facts / points not answered by you. As I recall, the wording was often something along the lines of "Your question has been noted and added to the list of questions I'll consider at a later time" or similar wording (Side note: Exactly why you haven't answered those questions or points I won't speculate on, but at this point I don't care if you do or don't. I made my argumentative points and it was up to you to answer or disprove them or not - and you chose not to.). Then, after such a statement was made, you would often launch into attacks on your opponent's character, utilizing a fair bit of sophistry in an effort to poison the well. Skilled sophistry to be sure, but still sophistry.

But to claim that others aren't answering your questions and to intimate that you've somehow "cornered" them when they don't answer...well, I guess I can only say that there's a lesson about people who live in glass houses and all that.

My conjecture to your quandary is that perhaps others have noticed this trend, and have opted not to engage with you as I have in the past.
Once again, I've explained that your questions, were in response to my question, and I noted as such. I, again, stated that I would answer all of your questions, once you answered mine. I like to stay focused; you give convoluted answers to simple questions that will send the discussions off on many tangents, if focus is not maintained on one-point-at-a-time.

I've noted three times where you've avoided questions. Let me know, and I'll start a thread, and quote all three--in a manner that will clearly illustrating my point.

I've noticed that you've done the same with another member here, it's not just me.

I'm not making a big deal of it, and my earlier post was said in jest; but to imply that I avoid questions in the same sense as you have done, is a gross mischaracterization. And like I said, I'll prove it (again) if necessary.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

This sentence is very telling. :roll:
userque wrote:..I'm not sure how you guys are handling things now, or going forward; but most forums I know don't shut down threads for being off-topic unless the creator of that thread requests it...
(Bold and Underline done by me)

How many forums do you visit each day? What do you look for? Is it subject titles that you can practice your line-item argumentative technique on? Do you visit this site only for the forum, do you even have a TSP account? Very few times have you posted anything about moving between funds? bloobs looks to have similar persuasions as you, but he posts lots of market related information.

userque, you are starting to get a reputation, and I might be able to help you with that.

I have a challenge for you, let's you and I go a week without posting anything in the "Anything Goes". You can practice your line-item argumentative technique on market direction and other TSP related subjects?

And I will let you have the last word on those assertions I stated at the beginning.

How bout it, I'm game if you are? Matter of fact let's invite everyone to participate, and give Aitrus and MJ a little break.

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote:
bloobs looks to have similar persuasions as you, but he posts lots of market related information.
I love the smell of labeling on a Sunday morning.

So what "persuasion" would I be?
I hope it's not a liberal, or a conservative.

For the record, I am a big proponent of LIBERAL DEMOCRACY.

Say it with me......L-I-B-E-R-A-L Democracy.

Oops did i let the cat out of the bag? Let us see how my statement above is received.

userque

Post by userque »

Tomanyiron wrote:This sentence is very telling. :roll:
userque wrote:..I'm not sure how you guys are handling things now, or going forward; but most forums I know don't shut down threads for being off-topic unless the creator of that thread requests it...
(Bold and Underline done by me)

How many forums do you visit each day? What do you look for? Is it subject titles that you can practice your line-item argumentative technique on? Do you visit this site only for the forum, do you even have a TSP account? Very few times have you posted anything about moving between funds? bloobs looks to have similar persuasions as you, but he posts lots of market related information.

userque, you are starting to get a reputation, and I might be able to help you with that.

I have a challenge for you, let's you and I go a week without posting anything in the "Anything Goes". You can practice your line-item argumentative technique on market direction and other TSP related subjects?

And I will let you have the last word on those assertions I stated at the beginning.

How bout it, I'm game if you are? Matter of fact let's invite everyone to participate, and give Aitrus and MJ a little break.
Give Aitrus and MJ a break from what? Regardless, I'm not interested in your game.

And for the record, you've made more posts than anyone in the Anything Goes thread lately, I can illustrate this if needed.

Also for the record, and before this gets twisted, I answer debate questions once I've accepted an actual debate with someone.

So again, I'm good. I've been enjoying watching whatever you call what you've been doing all over the AG forums lately. And if I were you, I'd be worried about my own reputation right now.

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

I guess that answers my question about whether or not you folks wished to discuss the OP. The thread has diverged from the OP and into discussion of personal behaviors, similar to what has occurred in other threads.

This thread is now locked.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".