ProFunds up 42% the past two days

Other Investments

Moderator: Aitrus

TSPBuilder

ProFunds up 42% the past two days

Post by TSPBuilder »

I am having an all-time high kinda day. Left "cash" position two days ago to go 100% UFPIX (UltraShort Latin America}. Portfolio up about 42%. 29.72% today alone. Call it luck or great technical analysis tools coming together (TSPcalc and Simple Moving Average). I'm still one happy camper.   Tomorrow I might lose all of the gains but until then it is a good run. Also debating my re-entry to S fund per strategies between 3/10/20 to 3/24/20.

Thanks to all the contributors to TSPcalc that are making it the awesome tool that it is!

T :)

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Re: ProFunds up 42% the past two days

Post by mjedlin66 »

TSPBuilder wrote:I am having an all-time high kinda day. Left "cash" position two days ago to go 100% UFPIX (UltraShort Latin America}. Portfolio up about 42%. 29.72% today alone. Call it luck or great technical analysis tools coming together (TSPcalc and Simple Moving Average). I'm still one happy camper.   Tomorrow I might lose all of the gains but until then it is a good run. Also debating my re-entry to S fund per strategies between 3/10/20 to 3/24/20.

Thanks to all the contributors to TSPcalc that are making it the awesome tool that it is!

How did TSPcalc help you with profunds?
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

TSPBuilder

Post by TSPBuilder »

mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:I am having an all-time high kinda day. Left "cash" position two days ago to go 100% UFPIX (UltraShort Latin America}. Portfolio up about 42%. 29.72% today alone. Call it luck or great technical analysis tools coming together (TSPcalc and Simple Moving Average). I'm still one happy camper.   Tomorrow I might lose all of the gains but until then it is a good run. Also debating my re-entry to S fund per strategies between 3/10/20 to 3/24/20.

You don't ask simple questions, do you :)

I've been mirroring the TSP with similar funds in ProFunds [C=ULPIX, S approx = UAPIX(Russell2000(similar waveform to DWCPF), I=UNPIX, G= MMPIX]. Strategies 17652, 64902 and 85660 have good solid number (ROI) to give stability in the limited IFT environment and point out windows of opportunity (long periods of G and F Fund that coincide with buy-n-hold investors on Facebook chanting survival phrases like stocks are on sale, buy-buy-buy, et cetera) to jump outside the similar funds to utilize the higher volatility of ProFunds Latin American and China leveraged and inverse funds. It's not as good as if I could pursuade you to build or teach me how to build a Profunds version of TSPcalc for UBPIX(UltraLatinAmerican 2x), UFPIX(UltraShort LatinAmerican 2x inverse), UGPIX(UltraChina 2x) and UHPIX(UltraShort China 2x inverse). PM me with a cost if interested. Thanks again for the wonderful tool you have created! Respectfully, T

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

TSPBuilder wrote:
mjedlin66 wrote:

I've been mirroring the TSP with similar funds in ProFunds [C=ULPIX, S approx = UAPIX(Russell2000(similar waveform to DWCPF), I=UNPIX, G= MMPIX]. Strategies 17652, 64902 and 85660 have good solid number (ROI) to give stability in the limited IFT environment and point out windows of opportunity (long periods of G and F Fund that coincide with buy-n-hold investors on Facebook chanting survival phrases like stocks are on sale, buy-buy-buy, et cetera) to jump outside the similar funds to utilize the higher volatility of ProFunds Latin American and China leveraged and inverse funds. It's not as good as if I could pursuade you to build or teach me how to build a Profunds version of TSPcalc for UBPIX(UltraLatinAmerican 2x), UFPIX(UltraShort LatinAmerican 2x inverse), UGPIX(UltraChina 2x) and UHPIX(UltraShort China 2x inverse). PM me with a cost if interested. Thanks again for the wonderful tool you have created! Respectfully, T
Funny, I already built one of these. I found that the 2x funds mirror the exact amount they should (i.e. 2x wins and losses). The 3x funds do too.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

TSPBuilder wrote:

I have a project at some point this year to make my engine more modular, so that I can produce mirror websites. For example, I own the domain VGcalc.com, with the intent of putting my engine on there with some slight modifications to the trading rules and using Vanguard funds instead of TSP funds.

ubascuba

Post by ubascuba »

mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:

I have a project at some point this year to make my engine more modular, so that I can produce mirror websites. For example, I own the domain VGcalc.com, with the intent of putting my engine on there with some slight modifications to the trading rules and using Vanguard funds instead of TSP funds.
Will VGCalc include ETF's?
Ubascuba
Strategy:167054

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” ~ Winston Churchill

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

ubascuba wrote:
mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:

Will VGCalc include ETF's?
Yes

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D Let us know if you need any help that we may be able to assist you with!!!!
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

Brownstone

Post by Brownstone »

mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:

ooooohhhh, I like where you are going with this mjedlin66! Looking forward to it :D :D
"You never can tell whether bad luck may not after all turn out to be good luck."
- Winston Churchill

TSPBuilder

Post by TSPBuilder »

mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:

I can appreciate the Vanguard application. Can your engine accommodate inverse funds to be used during F or G Fund periods to maximize returns? Can I ask what is driving the implementation with Vanguard versus somewhere else?

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

TSPBuilder wrote:
I can appreciate the Vanguard application. Can your engine accommodate inverse funds to be used during F or G Fund periods to maximize returns? Can I ask what is driving the implementation with Vanguard versus somewhere else?
1. I personally use Vanguard
2. I did a poll about where my members had their money besides the TSP. Vanguard was the #1 response.

TSPBuilder

Post by TSPBuilder »

mjedlin66 wrote:
TSPBuilder wrote:
1. I personally use Vanguard
2. I did a poll about where my members had their money besides the TSP. Vanguard was the #1 response.
I figured it was something like that. There's a big trend on VTSAX for buy-n-holder's plus the low fees are a huge attraction. Cheers!

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".