Sporadic fantasy text alerts

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

klausvonbg

Sporadic fantasy text alerts

Post by klausvonbg »

Hello
Anyone else receiving some of their fantasy Text alerts but not all? Any recommendations? Thank you all.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Re: Sporadic fantasy text alerts

Post by mjedlin66 »

klausvonbg wrote:Hello
Anyone else receiving some of their fantasy Text alerts but not all? Any recommendations? Thank you all.
The fantasy SMS system uses the carrier-provided email syntax. It is not a very stable system. I used to use that on TSPcalc until I gave up- it was just too hit or miss. TSPcenter will eventually use the same service for SMS that TSPcalc uses.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

klausvonbg

Post by klausvonbg »

Thank you much.

sonofnthng

Post by sonofnthng »

Tsp Calc works like a charm for me. Tspcenter never texts me my watch list sms alerts.
Tracking #85660 -//- PIP 35.29% Jan '21
Seasonal Strategies:
http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 205#p53743
Yes, death is coming...but then again, it's always coming.
-Aitrus

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

Tspcalc texts worked for me until April and then I kind of stopped getting the texts. I do use Google voice tho so that may be why.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

stilljammi wrote:Tspcalc texts worked for me until April and then I kind of stopped getting the texts. I do use Google voice tho so that may be why.
There were intermittent issues over the last few months. All of it was because of dropped connections between my server and the messaging service. My first patch was to program up to 8 retrys with 10 second delays each time. That resolved most of it. But if it failed to reconnect 8 times, then the remaining messages would just be dropped. Which happened yesterday, miserably.

So I changed the code again. Now I build a messaging queue table in the database. If the connection fails to re-connect 8 times, then the script stops. BUT... the queue doesn't just go away. So the next time the messaging script runs (every 5 minutes), it will pick up the queue and keep going.

Ultimately I don't know why I'm having connection issues with the messaging service. All of their documentation says that I should send the messages one at a time, even when I'm processing thousands of messages. So that's the way I coded it. But I *think* the connection problem is on their side. So it fell to me to come up with a scheme that doesn't just drop messages when I can't establish a connection. Now they'll just be delayed instead.

Google voice shouldn't be an issue. Especially if it worked for you before.

Matt

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

mj did you pick up the fact Thursday IFTs did not process so a bunch of Players who should have taken a hit Friday did not?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

crondanet5 wrote:mj did you pick up the fact Thursday IFTs did not process so a bunch of Players who should have taken a hit Friday did not?
Cron go reset your Fantasy, and let these people live a little longer in their Fantasy World. :lol:

And MJ, when you get time, my IFT to S fund on the 16th was a mistake, some kind of glitch with this new fund colors. I thought I was transferring to the F fund. A second :lol:
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Seriously thinking about a RESET. This is a game.

mj did you see mu post? Tomanyiron likes to cover them up.

Did you correct Thursday IFT site failure to process?

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

crondanet5 wrote:Seriously thinking about a RESET. This is a game.

mj did you see mu post? Tomanyiron likes to cover them up.

Did you correct Thursday IFT site failure to process?
Patience, young grasshopper.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

It may be fun tracking that bug down. In the past many a Thursday night IFT list did not process. You are doing great things to this site.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

crondanet5 wrote:It may be fun tracking that bug down. In the past many a Thursday night IFT list did not process. You are doing great things to this site.
If there were a Thursday-specific bug in the past, I would guess it doesn't exist anymore. I have pretty much re-written all the dateTime functions. This last bug *i think* is fixed. We'll see if it happens again. At any rate, I fixed the allocation dates for last week and recalculated all balances.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Can you make the charts at the bottom of the page work?

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

mjedlin66 wrote:
crondanet5 wrote:It may be fun tracking that bug down. In the past many a Thursday night IFT list did not process. You are doing great things to this site.
If there were a Thursday-specific bug in the past, I would guess it doesn't exist anymore. I have pretty much re-written all the dateTime functions. This last bug *i think* is fixed. We'll see if it happens again. At any rate, I fixed the allocation dates for last week and recalculated all balances.
MJ
I second Cronds. My poorly-timed Thursday IFT (F to S) did not register for me. As much as I regret making that move, the auditor in me prefers to record it for posterity's sake :mrgreen: :oops: :(

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

crondanet5 wrote:Can you make the charts at the bottom of the page work?
Probably not. Google fundamentally changed their stock charts. What the charts link to doesn't exist anymore. And it's not as simple as just updating it. I would have to access a stock ticker API and build my own charts.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".