Most-Watched Host on Cable News

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

bosco7

Re: Most-Watched Host on Cable News

Post by bosco7 »

Tomanyiron wrote:OK I can see what you are saying. Older folks watch more TV. And which age group is more likely to vote?

Oh and what about this? Voter registration in Illinois, Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia each dropped by more than 50%, and California plummeted by 75%.

All states have lower registration due to the coronavirus pandemic. But looks like the blue states have the biggest problem.
Seems like you are trying to convince yourself of something? Prior to pandemic new voter registration trended higher than usual, but yes it is much lower now. https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/vo ... -pandemic/

Yes, older folks watch more TV, but i think that demographic has maxed out their political sway in 2016. Some polls show a large decline in enthusiasm in older folks. Probably watching and living the consequences of mismanaged pandemic responses has woken some up to the reality that having leaders that actually lead matters. At any rate, given the super large divisive nature of trump, I doubt he's convinced more people to vote for him come 2020. On the other hand, will he turn out more people against him? Seems likely. Also seems likely that the pandemic gets much worse before it gets better.

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

https://www.pewresearch.org/hispanic/20 ... s-in-2020/

Just the facts (no inferences, code words, eye-winks, secret handshakes......)

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

All,
Before this discussion devolves into an opinion-against-opinion shouting match. I present to you just the facts or stats, again.

Where do you belong in this picture?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
― Mahatma Gandhi

If it's a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.
― Paul Murray

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

I think it's interesting how turnout is going to affect the election. Low turnout in some of the special elections during COVID has hurt the right, which is bizarre. Trump is also playing defense on so many different fronts going into November, it'll be interesting how he re-adjusts. A lot can happen between now and then, but politically, the strategy isn't working as long as COVID and protests are still happening.

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

stilljammi wrote:Low turnout in some of the special elections during COVID has hurt the right, which is bizarre.... but politically, the strategy isn't working as long as COVID and protests are still happening.
Not really bizarre. The chart I showed shows that some Trump voters (per 2016 records) are older Caucasians, the most at-risk group, so it makes sense for most to decide not to vote in 2020. You may ask how come if Trump voters are supposedly unfazed by COVID compared to non-Trump voters (believing its an overblown hoax) then why would they decide not to vote anyway? Well, ever heard of cognitive dissonance? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive ... 20greater. Fascinating.

Additionally, high attendance during BLM protests by supposedly left-leaning younger folks, indicate less fear by them of the disease; this lack of fear could extend into increased or at least unaffected voting booth attendance in November.

Mrexter

Post by Mrexter »

[quote="Tomanyiron"]Was Tucker Carlson.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoyell ... 5190856195

"Tucker Carlson Tonight and Hannity were the only shows to break four million viewers, with Hannity just behind Carlson (4.331 million viewers vs. 4.311 million). Fox News had the five top-rated shows overall, including The Five (3.898 million viewers), Special Report with Bret Baier (3.658 million viewers) and The Ingraham Angle (3.622 million viewers). The same five shows—in the same order—led among viewers in the key demo, with Carlson delivering 791,000 viewers, according to ratings data compiled by Nielsen."

It seems folks have gotten off topic and have drafted their response to fit their own narrative. The observation was not which television NETWORK has the most viewers in general, or how many different networks all together have more viewers than the Fox, the question (or observation) was that many Fox television SHOWS have the most viewers and are the top rated. Maybe someone can compare apples to apples and find a television news SHOW on another network that compares to any of the news SHOWS on Fox. If there was a wonderful news SHOW on another network, then it would make sense that all of the folks who enjoy that information would pick up the remote and change the channel, regardless of the network.

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

bloobs wrote:
stilljammi wrote:Low turnout in some of the special elections during COVID has hurt the right, which is bizarre.... but politically, the strategy isn't working as long as COVID and protests are still happening.
Not really bizarre. The chart I showed shows that some Trump voters (per 2016 records) are older Caucasians, the most at-risk group, so it makes sense for most to decide not to vote in 2020. You may ask how come if Trump voters are supposedly unfazed by COVID compared to non-Trump voters (believing its an overblown hoax) then why would they decide not to vote anyway? Well, ever heard of cognitive dissonance? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive ... 20greater. Fascinating.

Additionally, high attendance during BLM protests by supposedly left-leaning younger folks, indicate less fear by them of the disease; this lack of fear could extend into increased or at least unaffected voting booth attendance in November.
Yep, there's plenty of polling that suggests there are Trump voters who still like him (approval rating has been rock solid for 4 years) but some are worried about COVID and the economy. The young folks on the left have become the undisputed Democratic base with high unity and enthusiasm.

userque

Post by userque »

Mrexter wrote:It seems folks have gotten off topic and have drafted their response to fit their own narrative. ...
The original post allows for broad, narrative responses (emphasis added):
Tomanyiron wrote:...What do you think, I'm I missing something?
"In the land of idiots, the moron is King."

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

stilljammi wrote: ...The young folks on the left have become the undisputed Democratic base with high unity and enthusiasm.
Then we are doomed
Last edited by Tomanyiron on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bosco7

Post by bosco7 »

Tomanyiron wrote:
stilljammi wrote: ...The young folks on the left have become the undisputed Democratic base with high unity and enthusiasm.
Then we are doomed
Ageism, like your charts, is never a winning strategy.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bosco7 wrote:
Tomanyiron wrote:
Then we are doomed
Ageism, like your charts, is never a winning strategy.
Part was meant to be comedic Adam Schiff type 'parody'.

But I still believe the young extreme liberals are pushing the Democratic party too far left. The country will be hurt if the extremist take control. Most of the "enthusiasm" that I see, looks more like temper tantrums.

BTW, what is your "winning strategy", I see you have no Fantasy to compare.

spooner4

Post by spooner4 »

How is this revelent to TSP members ?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

spooner4 wrote:How is this revelent to TSP members ?
It may or may not be anything you care about, but it's in the "Anything Goes" category.

Look for that category next time, before you read, if you want to.

It's like a newspaper you pickup or magazine, you can read articles or not.
And don't get mad because others might want to.

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

Tomanyiron wrote:But I still believe the young extreme liberals are pushing the Democratic party too far left. The country will be hurt if the extremist take control. Most of the "enthusiasm" that I see, looks more like temper tantrums.
Oh c'mon, now you're just trolling us

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

idaho1 wrote:Doesn’t the current Fox poll have JB leading DT?
Didn't most, if not all, the polls have HC leading DT in 2016 up until the election? Fox employs others to conduct their polls. From https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls
Methodology Notes: The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with approximately 1000 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and is conducted under the joint direction of Beacon Research (D) (formerly known as Anderson Robbins Research) and Shaw & Company Research (R). For the total sample, it has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points. . . .
Thanks to spam & robo phone calls, how many people do you know that screen all phone call through voice mail or don't answer calls from anyone they do not recognize? If you actually answer a survey call of any type, how many people will answer questions from automated calls vs live person? How many questions is a typical person willing to answer before getting annoyed or hanging up vs how many questions do they ask? (most surveys ask way too many question IMO). I really don't think you are getting a true picture with polls today.
Not everyone believes the polls showing a large Biden lead are entirely accurate. “I’m a little skeptical of media polls because I think most of them are done to make for headlines that put the president in an unflattering light,” said Feehery.

Smith said polling quality has diminished over the last 20 years because random-digit dialing surveys — “the gold standard” — have become almost prohibitively expensive. It costs $50,000 to do a top-quality survey just in New Hampshire — that’s twice what it cost five years ago, he said. And even when such polls are done, fewer people are willing to respond to them.

Smith said there’s also a problem with “shy Trump voters” — mostly blue-collar men — who won’t admit their preference for Trump to pollsters. This was part of the polling problem in 2016 and it hasn’t been fixed, he said.

Polls also don’t measure enthusiasm, which was an issue in 2016 because it turned out that Trump voters were far more motivated than Hillary Clinton supporters.
-- https://missoulacurrent.com/government/ ... met-polls/

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".