TSP.GOV

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

ProduceMan

TSP.GOV

Post by ProduceMan »

Is there a way to see your total shares for each fund on the same page

I think the IFT submission percentages are somewhat different.

I think you are also able to IFT exact dollar amounts

I think there are 2 icons for IFTies and 1 icon for contribution allocations

I don’t like tsp.govs layout look
Moneys’ Money Making Money (4M)

ProduceMan

Re: TSP.GOV

Post by ProduceMan »

Did anyone notice?

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

ProduceMan wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:25 pm Did anyone notice?
I am not sued to it yet. Different terminology. I am not sure it is fully functional? hehe. Still have not paid to much attention to it. I fumbled through it but yeah... I need to look at it more.
I am just an average Joe. I have no clue to what the market will do.
TimboSlice wrote: "People really need to stop overthinking this."
Paul Merriman 2 fund strat: (age - 25) x2.5 = TDF + balance into S fund or variation of

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

Ok. Yes there are two options to move money around kind of like the old inter-fund option. The difference is one looks like it brings up only the funds that you are currently in so that you can change/rebalance within your current funds.

The other options brings up all the funds so that you can change your invested money/balance of current investments and or move money to new funds.
Paul Merriman 2 fund strat: (age - 25) x2.5 = TDF + balance into S fund or variation of

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

Scarfinger wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:02 am Ok. Yes there are two options to move money around kind of like the old inter-fund option. The difference is one looks like it brings up only the funds that you are currently in so that you can change/rebalance within your current funds.

The other options brings up all the funds so that you can change your invested money/balance of current investments and or move money to new funds.
Ok..I was a little off...you can choose to move money out of one fund... so If you wanted to move all your "G" money you would select 100% and it shows the dollar amount. Then you would move that money into the funds you wanted. It almost seems like it would suggest that you could maybe move/withdrawal money from one fund vs the old way of taking out 1000 dollars and then it would withdrawal that money as a percentage of all funds you had invested. Interesting...

ProduceMan

Post by ProduceMan »

Wow ok, I too have not messed with the new IFT steps.

ubascuba

Post by ubascuba »

There are a lot more clicks required to do functions on the new site that were visible from the old main page. I'm not a fan of this new system.
Ubascuba
Strategy:167054

“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” ~ Winston Churchill

ProduceMan

Post by ProduceMan »

I enjoyed seeing my share counts on the old site. Is that available on new site?

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

My succinct assessment of the new site:

The implementers decided to fit a square peg into a round hole, meaning they seemed to have replaced the existing highly customized TSP.GOV application with a COTS product then attempted some ill-fitting customizations on top of it. If so, I've seen this approach from federal contractors many times in my career--with very adverse outcomes.

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

I have also tried to access the MFW. You can search through the fund ok. But, if you click on the fund all I get is a blank page.

toroboy

Post by toroboy »

bloobs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:58 am My succinct assessment of the new site:

If so, I've seen this approach from federal contractors many times in my career--with very adverse outcomes.
Agree. Can no longer copy paste my summary into my spreadsheet. Can no longer go back past 2010. Harder to navigate. Everything is spread out. Progress? Maybe I'm missing something.

mhende2

Post by mhende2 »

The more clicks and pages to scroll through the greater the contract price. Makes sense with way our government does things anymore. It's called progress, but I'm from the days of typewriters and keeping it simple. I'm not a fan of this at all.
In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
-Robert Arnott

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

I'm not a fan...wish I would have downloaded my recent quarterly/annual statements before this change. The only historical info available appears to be year end balances from 2010 onward. The only information under statements appears to be from conversion (Apr 26) to present.
Percentages are rounded to full percentages rather than to 2 decimal places. It allowed me to put in percentages change but I did not complete IFT. transactions...does anyone know how easy it is to cancel or change an IFT once entered in new website? Is there a cancel option once you input the IFT?

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

evilanne wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:07 pm It allowed me to put in percentages change but I did not complete IFT. transactions...does anyone know how easy it is to cancel or change an IFT once entered in new website? Is there a cancel option once you input the IFT?
Yes, you are able to cancel / change an IFT on the site. Just go to the same section of the site you used to put in the IFT in the first place. I did a test run of this function last week, and it worked fine for me.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters" Epictetus

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

bloobs wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:58 am My succinct assessment of the new site:

The implementers decided to fit a square peg into a round hole, meaning they seemed to have replaced the existing highly customized TSP.GOV application with a COTS product then attempted some ill-fitting customizations on top of it. If so, I've seen this approach from federal contractors many times in my career--with very adverse outcomes.
Makes you wonder how the old American adage of "companies are always more efficient and cheaper" than the federal government is true...or not...

On another note, I have had nothing but trouble with this website. I still cannot login and last week requested them to mail me a PIN to get into my account. From what I've seen, the call verification to an overseas number still doesn't work and that makes me accessing my account very hard.

I would love to send a complaint letter somewhere. My feeling is that if enough of us complain, that congress will take notice (after all, it's their plan too!) and we'll maybe get somewhere...emphasis on maybe...

Edit: I sent an e-mail to the TSP people about my complaint in not being able to use an international number (as before). They responded that they've made many major upgrades and that I should try to login again.

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".