Just Like clockwork...

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

jatelle

Re: Just Like clockwork...

Post by jatelle »

bloobs wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:29 pm TECHNICALS
1. Good news: C and S closed above their respective POCs (most traded levels) on the Volume Profile charts (C for the past two weeks).
2 Bad news: IWM closed just beneath its. So close, but leaves the door open for the bears in the coming weeks.

FUNDAMENTALS
1. Still sh*t, will remain sh*t for the foreseeable future.

Silver lining:
1. It is a traders market, so TA rules.
Bloobs, I agree TA rules. The trend of the Volume POC and the Value Area Low for the week is what I follow more than the price positional relationship to the POC. Both were higher this week than last week for IWM so the uptrend is still valid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jatelle on Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

12squared

Post by 12squared »

NYSE market breadth has declined for the past two days, as it did at the start of February.
NYSE breadth 22Dec22-21Apr23+.png

NYSE market summation turned downward Friday, crossing below its MA(3) for the first time since February 2.
NYSI 22Dec22-21Apr23+.png
Barometers are falling. Time to start seeking shelter before the storm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“The genius of investing is recognizing the direction of the trend – not catching the highs or the lows.”
- Dean Witter

"Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket."
- Andrew Carnegie

jatelle

Post by jatelle »

12squared I think you are right. Let's see if we can get one last pop before it flushes to consolidate.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

This may be nothing but i think it's something to have a little concern about.
https://schrts.co/fBqCYJWY
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

12squared

Post by 12squared »

jatelle wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:02 am 12squared I think you are right. Let's see if we can get one last pop before it flushes to consolidate.
VIX is up this morning. After the news late Monday about First Republic losses I'm not hopeful about a bounce.
“The genius of investing is recognizing the direction of the trend – not catching the highs or the lows.”
- Dean Witter

"Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket."
- Andrew Carnegie

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Joe Biden formally launches re-election bid, and just Like clockwork the Market takes a nosedive. :lol:

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Tomanyiron wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:00 pm Joe Biden formally launches re-election bid, and just Like clockwork the Market takes a nosedive. :lol:
Some people think it was because this guy got canned
https://twitter.com/i/status/1650587143360905216

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

You might be right, the Market is getting drilled with several valid fears.Image

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

I for one am glad that both these mouthpieces for extremist elements, who incessantly spouted misinformation, were booted on the same day.

If only we can do that for their counterparts in the investment world :lol:

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

i agree, but Jim is good for entertainment purposes.
William Cohan wrote a profile of Jim Cramer for The Spectator in which he dug into the numbers for Cramer’s stock picks:

The CramerTracker guy said he started the site to track the stocks Cramer recommended to viewers on CNBC. “But the more I spent time on it, the more I realized, like ‘Holy cow, this guy has thousands of calls each month.’ And just kind of highlighting the ones he got right and the ones he got wrong, more often than not, he hit some rock.” He decided to analyze the performance of the stocks Cramer recommended between 2017 and 2021 — his 12,564 individual calls — and compared them to the simultaneous performance of the S&P 500. The analysis showed that Cramer’s picks underperformed the S&P by around six percentage points. Not horrific, by any stretch, but far from stellar. “A little bit closer to the market than I would have anticipated,” he said.

The analysis also showed that the volume in the stocks Cramer recommended increased some 25 percent the day after: people were following his advice and promptly losing money.

jimcasada

Post by jimcasada »

I'm not a club member, but I did have a short conversation with Mr Cramer once via Twitter. I forget how it started, but somehow it lead to our IAM union at work and how he used to be union representative himself one time. I also have read a couple of his early books and found them rather insightful. When someone has such a powerful following as Jim Cramer, people are going to react or overreact to any stock pick he mentions in both buying and selling. Generally, any time he mentions any individual stock, it's too late to act on it. I would better pay attention to his remarks about general sectors and the economy.

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

jimcasada wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:54 am When someone has such a powerful following as Jim Cramer, people are going to react or overreact to any stock pick he mentions in both buying and selling. Generally, any time he mentions any individual stock, it's too late to act on it. I would better pay attention to his remarks about general sectors and the economy.
I'm not Jim Cramer famous (and don't want to be). As Seasonal Musings became more popular I started getting a lot of PMs, emails, and questions in the threads from people asking me what my prognosis for this Fund or that one was going to be for the next month, quarter, year, etc. Then I found out that a large number of those people were taking my advice and running with it as gospel instead of thinking about their choice, looking at the data, etc.

It's why I stopped updating my Fantasy game and don't tell people which strategy I follow. It made me really uncomfortable to know that people were blindly following my advice in their retirement decisions without understanding what they were doing or why my advice was what it was. I don't like to encourage or enable ignorance on any subject. I get why Jim does it: it makes him money and his personality is one that thrives on attention and external validation. I doubt he follows most of his own advice and calls.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Aitrus wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:18 am I stopped updating my Fantasy game and don't tell people which strategy I follow. It made me really uncomfortable to know that people were blindly following my advice in their retirement decisions without understanding what they were doing or why my advice was what it was.
I'm not Jim Cramer or Altrus famous, but I think about that also. I often wonder how many times, I was cursed at, because of money lost due to my charts or indexes.

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

W%R showing strong bounce off it’s entry point (for the month?), takin’ me with it…

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you choose to endeavor!!!
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

BelieveGod

Post by BelieveGod »

Tomanyiron wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 am
Aitrus wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:18 am I stopped updating my Fantasy game and don't tell people which strategy I follow. It made me really uncomfortable to know that people were blindly following my advice in their retirement decisions without understanding what they were doing or why my advice was what it was.
I'm not Jim Cramer or Altrus famous, but I think about that also. I often wonder how many times, I was cursed at, because of money lost due to my charts or indexes.
I think everyone completely understands you are one average person that has the guts to show what you are doing. I have been helped so many times watching others move among the funds. I can't THANK YOU BOTH enough and all the others that actively participate here. I have watched long enough that I choose those I want to watch and take everyone as a group. I miss the old web site; it seems we have lost lots of participation with the active FB group. BUT on FB no one really knows whether someone is full of hot air or is knowledgeable. It requires too much effort to evaluate. On here, the courageous post, and then have their fantasy to back them up. 2022 was a killer. Thanks to each of you courageous investors. It have been sooo helpful to me. I can see "what If I had". NEVER, NEVER, should you feel guilty for losses of others because few will give you credit for their gains. Please dont quit.

Fund Prices2024-04-15

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.18 0.04% 1.23%
F $18.64 -0.61% -3.02%
C $79.24 -1.20% 6.56%
S $77.27 -1.66% 0.23%
I $41.14 -0.29% 2.38%
L2065 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2060 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2055 $15.76 -0.94% 4.19%
L2050 $31.64 -0.81% 3.38%
L2045 $14.44 -0.76% 3.24%
L2040 $52.80 -0.71% 3.11%
L2035 $13.96 -0.65% 2.96%
L2030 $46.52 -0.59% 2.83%
L2025 $12.97 -0.32% 2.08%
Linc $25.35 -0.25% 1.78%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".